Digital Girls Project aims at inspiring and motivating girls and young women to consider careers in the digital technology market. In this project partners from 5 European countries (The Netherlands, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece and Ireland) and EURORESO Association gather their efforts together to contribute to cultivating and enhancing girls' digital confidence, employability, entrepreneurial mindset and startup potential.
Nowadays the young generation uses digital tools on daily basis but often has neither the confidence nor the initiative to upgrade their passive user skills into "active" digital skills. This lack of "digital confidence" may become an important disadvantage for particular groups of young people when looking for a job. In this case girls are in a worse situation than boys. Whether this is due to the lack of digital role models or just the general stereotype that "programming is not for girls' brains", the reality is that women do not fully participate in the digital sector.
The project intends to:
- identify, encourage, develop and showcase women in digital jobs;
- map the process for developing of digital skills suitable for the labour market;
- foster an atmosphere conducive to digital confidence;
- change the attitudes towards digital learning through effective methods for high-quality youth work.
- Selecting and promoting digital role models of women and girls and developing short film series "The world of successful Digital Girls".
- Developing Digital career roadmap series for different digital jobs and professions.
- Creating and reinforcing an online platform for girl's meaningful information about opportunities with digital market.
- Organising tailored for girls events: Open days in companies, Inspiration days, web events for girls.
- Performing massive web campaign: buzz feeds, Facebook events, guest posting on blogs, ads, posting of film teasers and promos, film releases.
Detailed information about the project are atwww.digital-girls.eu