The ACTION project is based on a belief that trying to engage hard-to-reach young people in education programmes designed to be delivered in the classroom, is a losing battle. Instead, we need to promote how education can be provided to young people through non-formal and non-traditional methods. As such, ACTION will support youth workers to work in non-traditional environments, such as integrating online resources and social media channels into their work with young people.
ACTION also promotes a non-formal education environment, where production teams are formed within a youth group to produce a series of short films on issues that are relevant and important to the young people themselves.
ACTION specific objectives are to:
- Provide youth professionals with educational tools to allow them to produce short films
- Provide young people with the opportunities to develop their soft skills, which can be reused in any situation
- Help youth professionals to understand how to engage young people
- Unleash the creative talent of young people on topics relevant to them
- Empower young people to be able to present, in an innovative way. issues and problems that concern them
- Enhance the professional profile of youth professionals and youth organisations
- Re-engage young people in education and civic life
Detailed information about the project is at www.actionyouth.eu