The Network for Social and Market Inclusion through Language Education (SMILE) explores opportunities for promotion of less widely used and taught languages (LWUTLs) in various educational, social and economic sectors.
The project identifies areas and target groups which can benefit from the application of LWUTLs and spreads the results of existing good practices for language learning and promotion.
SMILE is expected to have impact on various groups of unemployed, disadvantaged people, traditional and non-traditional language learners, etc.
1) Contributing to the implementation of the European language policies in the field of promotion of linguistic diversity and LWUTLs
2) Exchanging experience and information on good practices and methodologies for promotion of LWUTLs
3) Creating cooperation opportunities between the fields of language education, training and work
4) Strengthening social inclusion of various disadvantaged groups
1) Collection of good practices for promotion and learning of LWUTLs
2) National reports analysing opportunities and methodologies for learning of LWUTLs
3) Situational analysis providing information about the needs related to LWUTLs on European level and solutions for meeting them
4) Workshops for exchange of experience on good practices for promotion of LWUTLs
5) Recommendation papers for enhancing the current European policies for promotion of linguistic diversity and LWUTLs
6) National events presenting the network findings to stakeholders on practical and political level
7) Website hosting all project outcomes
Detailed information about the project are at www.smile-network.eu