The project "DREAM: Dynamic Reinforcement for European Adaptation of Migrants" has the aim to reinforce the migrant integration provision through exchange of experience on priority integration areas and spread results of successful initiatives through a EU-wide network of stakeholders. The project will develop and disseminate a comprehensive database of good practices at EU level focused on migrant integration enhancement through education.
The database will provide valuable experience from 9 European countries and beyond on effective methodologies for integration and work with migrants addressing needs related to better social, cultural and economic integration.
The DREAM project will benefit people working at integration centres for refugees, language educators providing language courses for migrants, volunteers, trainers and counselors, interpreters, European cooperation practitioners, migrants, etc.
- To develop and disseminate a comprehensive database of successful and effective practices and initiatives at EU level addressing all key areas for a successful migrant integration.
- To build a European-wide network of practitioners developing national and European initiatives focused on key aspects of migrant integration and to enrich their expertise.
- To improve the readiness of key actors and facilitators of migrant integration in the host communities to meet the needs of diverse populations.
- To contribute to the improvement of the capacity and expertise of the authorities responsible for integration in countries playing the role of "transit" channels to other EU countries through exchange of good practices.
- To support migrants in their preparedness to adapt in the host society.
- To foster the exchange of experience at EU level and enhance the dissemination and exploitation potential of existing educational projects focused on migrant integration.
- Network of stakeholders and facilitators of migrant integration at national and EU level.
- Database of over 150 good practices at EU level addressing the key areas of successful migrant integration based on the Common Basic Principles for Immigrant Integration Policy in the EU.
- National workshops for exchange of experience and good practices with key stakeholders in the 9 participating countries.
- Final exploitation event in Graz, Austria for sharing the network results at national and transnational level.
- Project website (www.project-dream.eu) to provide information on the project and host the collection of good practices through a user-friendly search engine.
Detailed information about the project are at www.project-dream.eu